Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

case_run error,about issues mapping between components and grids

Pengwei Li

Pengwei Li
Dear Helper, I want to run a case with 'f09_g16' grid and 'FMOZ' compest in CESM1.2.2, the default FMOZ suits with 1.9x2.5, so I modified the file '2000_cam4_trop_chem.xml' to match with f09_g16, but there is still a error about SST and ice coverage data, it shows
"application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 2) - process 52
m_GlobalSegMap::initp_: non-positive value of ngseg error, stat =0
03E.MCT(MPEU)::die.: from m_GlobalSegMap::initp_()".
Does anyone have any insights on what I may be doing wrong? How to suit FMOZ with f09_g16? Thank you!

Attachments

• 2000_cam4_trop_chem.txt
    4 KB · Views: 0
  • cesm.log.txt
    130.8 KB · Views: 3

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I am moving this to the CAM-Chem forum. It may be that they will be able to help you, but please be aware that CESM1.2.2 is no longer a supported version.

Pengwei Li

Pengwei Li
Thank you, I made other changes to apply to CESM1.2. and that part is completely feasible, so I try not to change the version.