Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM 2.1.3 - POP failing when looking for input header file for ts_WOA13v2_jan_ic_gx1v7_20170706.ieeer8

nstant

Noah Stanton
To Whom this may concern,

I have ported CESM2 to the Niagara supercomputer on SciNet (part of Digital Research Alliance of Canada). The config* files are attached, compiler used is intel with mpilib of intelmpi. I have also attached the log files. This includes the atm, cesm, cpl, lnd, ocn, and rof log files, but nothing more due to the point the model failed. The CaseStatus document is also attached. These are all in a .zip folder below.

I am running the BWsc1850 compset in f19_g17 resolution: 1850_CAM60%WCSC_CLM50%BGC-CROP_CICE_POP2%ECO_MOSART_CISM2%NOEVOLVE_WW3

I have examined the cesm.log file and it suggested an issue with the pop run. When looking in the pop.log file this is the error that is causing the run to fail:

"Initial 3-d T,S read from file:/XXXXXX/cime_INPUT_DATA/cesm2_1_3/inputdata/ocn/pop/gx1v7/ic/ts_WOA13v2_jan_ic_gx1v7_20170706.ieeer8
WARNING: Input header file does not exist
for file:
/ XXXXXXt/cime_INPUT_DATA/cesm2_1_3/inputdata/ocn/pop/gx1v7/ic/
ts_WOA13v2_jan_ic_gx1v7_20170706.ieeer8.hdr
Assuming fields will be read in sequential order"

This .hdr file does not exist in the svn repository so I am confused as to why it is necessary. Is there a method to producing the .hdr file, or is there another error that is leading to this behavior? I have re-downloaded the ts_WOA*.ieeer8 file from the svn repository and it does contain the relevant data.

Please let me know if there is any additional information required.

Sincerely,

Noah Stanton

Attachments

• Niagara_BWsc1850_CESMforum.zip
    156.4 KB · Views: 1