Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM postprocess timeseries not working - empty slices?

aswann2

Abigail Swann
Hi All,

I'm trying to process some CESM2 output into timeseries files using the CESM_postprocessing tools. I used the tool sucessfully this week for one experiment, but it is failing to generate output on a different experiment.

The log files indicate that everything worked, but the script stopped immediately after starting without creating any "proc" directories or any timesereis files. I suspect the issue might be related to the fact that the ts_status.log file shows empty slices (my successful run had numbers in the brackets after slices:
`{"cam.h0": {"index": 0, "slices": []}}`

This case is just trying to process cam h0 files. I eventually want to also process cam.h1 and clm.h0, h1, h2.

The script I'm using to setup the code and submit it is here:
/glade/u/home/aswann/scripts/postprocess/stomatalslope/process_to_single_variable_timeseries_CESMtools.csh

the postprocessing code gets generated here:
/glade/scratch/aswann/cesm-postprocess/coupled_DEFmedslope_2xCO2_05

and the original output is here:
/glade/campaign/univ/uwas0044/czarakas/StomatalSlope2021/coupled_experiments/coupled_DEFmedslope_2xCO2_05

Any thoughts on what is wrong? If it's the empty slices how do I go about fixing that?

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide!

aswann2

Abigail Swann
I figured out that this was because Cheyenne couldn't read the folder on campaign to access the data. We moved the output to a different folder on campaign that Cheyenne can read and now the scripts run.

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Glad you got it working. I am working on getting these working on casper in preparation for cheyenne going away.