Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

cesm1.2.2 test build problem

Bellanita

Look at the mct config.log file in your build directory.
Thank you, I checked the config.log file, and there did happened errors in it.

## ----------- ##
## Core tests. ##
## ----------- ##

configure:2378: $? = 0
configure:2367: pgcc -v >&5
Export PGI=/home/bella/opt/pgi
pgcc-Warning-No files to process

configure:2367: pgcc -V >&5

pgcc 19.10-0 LLVM 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux -tp sandybridge
PGI Compilers and Tools
Copyright (c) 2019, NVIDIA CORPORATION. All rights reserved.
configure:2367: pgcc -qversion >&5
pgcc-Error-Unknown switch: -qversion
configure:2378: $? = 1
configure:2398: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:2367: pgcc -V >&5

pgcc 19.10-0 LLVM 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux -tp sandybridge
PGI Compilers and Tools
Copyright (c) 2019, NVIDIA CORPORATION. All rights reserved.
configure:2367: pgcc -qversion >&5
pgcc-Error-Unknown switch: -qversion
configure:2378: $? = 1
configure:2398: checking whether the C compiler works
Timing stats:
init 16 millisecs 100%
Total time 16 millisecs
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnetcdf
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnetcdff

configure:2424: $? = 2
configure:2462: result: no
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "MCT"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "mct"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "2.8"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "MCT 2.8"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| /* end confdefs.h. */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
| ;
| return 0;
| }
configure:2467: error: in `/home/bella/opt/cesm/cesm1_2_2_1/case/test/bld/pgi/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct':
configure:2469: error: C compiler cannot create executables

See `config.log' for more details

Zhibo Li

Zhibo Li
1619965274372.png

Hi, dear all

It seems I got a very similar error when I build my high-resolution simulation. And the mct.bldlog is as follows. Do you have ideas about that?
My test simulation builds well (create --- setup --- build, without any change).

Li
1619965214553.png

Attachments

• 1619965107637.png
    1619965107637.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 5

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The message is that your c compiler isn't working - check the file
config.log in the mct build directory. /gpfs/share/home/2001110284/case/380m_X15_Om_f09/bld/intel/impi/nodebug/nothreads/mct

Zhibo Li

Zhibo Li
The message is that your c compiler isn't working - check the file
config.log in the mct build directory. /gpfs/share/home/2001110284/case/380m_X15_Om_f09/bld/intel/impi/nodebug/nothreads/mct
Thanks!
I found there was something wrong with my bashrc file~

Hi @jedwards and @dbailey,
I am facing problems in pio build while building a test case. I am enclosing my port files(compilers, machine xml files etc). It would be great if you can help with this. Stuck with this very long now.

Attachments

• bldlog.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi @jedwards and @dbailey,
I am facing problems in pio build while building a test case. I am enclosing my port files(compilers, machine xml files etc). It would be great if you can help with this. Stuck with this very long now.
I have little lead here. I have two mpich versions of gcc and intel. even when i mention MPI_PATH in config_machines.xml file. The build is taking defailt mpif90 of intel. How to correct this??

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Fatal Error: Cannot read module file ‘pio_kinds.mod’ opened at (1), because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran

How are you getting this error if you are using the intel compiler? When you switched compilers did you clean up the old build first?

Fatal Error: Cannot read module file ‘pio_kinds.mod’ opened at (1), because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran

How are you getting this error if you are using the intel compiler? When you switched compilers did you clean up the old build first?
Dear jedwards,
I am trying to use gnu compilers. and I have edited for the same in the config_compilers.xml file. I couldn't understand about cleaning the old builds. How can one clean the old build? (I am using CESM 1.2.2). I have changed <MPI PATH> in the same file, but soehow model is by defualt taking my intel mpif90. It would be great if you could help rebuilding properly. Also, please check my config_compilers if any problems are there in that.

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The reason its finding the intei mpif90 is because that is first in your path. You need to talk to your system administrators.