Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM_postprocessing ice_averages missing grid files

bengtsjolen

Bengt Sjölén
Hey, hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place. I'm trying to run post processing for cice but the config file in CESM_postprocessing:

diagnostics/diagnostics/ice/Config/config_diags_ice.xml

refers to grid files that are not on the model_diagnistics svn. Specifically ICEDIAG_GRIDFILECONT and ICEDIAG_GRIDFILEDIFF both have path as value "/glade/p/cesm/omwg/grids/($ICEDIAG_GRID_*)_grid.nc". I guess it would be fairly trivial to generate new grid files based on the one used in the cesm2 case you try to diagnose but would of course be handy if there were grid files there already.

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
What grid are you running? I am generally trying to update these files as we introduce supported grids. You can look at the files here to see the variables needed for the plot scripts. There is also a region mask for deriving the different regional timeseries plots.

bengtsjolen

Bengt Sjölén
I'm running on f19_f19, which means that all the grids are 1.9x2.5 and ice_averages then tries to load "/glade/p/cesm/omwg/grids/1.9x2.5_grid.nc". i've been getting all the obs files and such with svn from https://svn-ccsm-release.cgd.ucar.edu/model_diagnostics/ but I get the impression that doesn't really match what seems to seems to be on glade according to the PDF linked to here: NCAR/CESM_postprocessing - for example for lnd/clm diagnostics RACMO2_ANT_DJF_climo.nc and RACMO2_GR_DJF_climo.nc seem to be missing also. Maybe I am using an old repo?