Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CIME models require NETCDF in PIO build

tabrez30

Mohammad Tabrez Alam
Hi ,

I have tried to run CESM model on computecanada. I am able to create a case but when I tried to run the ./case.build but I received the error like that

cd /home/tabrez30/scratch/cesm2_2.0/control_ewb/bld/intel/openmpi/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1 && /cvmfs/soft.computecanada.ca/gentoo/2020/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends "Unix Makefiles" /home/tabrez30/phd_work/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/src/externals/pio1 /home/tabrez30/phd_work/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/src/externals/pio1/pio /home/tabrez30/scratch/cesm2_2.0/control_ewb/bld/intel/openmpi/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1 /home/tabrez30/scratch/cesm2_2.0/control_ewb/bld/intel/openmpi/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1/pio /home/tabrez30/scratch/cesm2_2.0/control_ewb/bld/intel/openmpi/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1/pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/DependInfo.cmake --color=

make[2]: Leaving directory '/scratch/tabrez30/cesm2_2.0/control_ewb/bld/intel/openmpi/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1'

make -f pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/build.make pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/build

make[2]: Entering directory '/scratch/tabrez30/cesm2_2.0/control_ewb/bld/intel/openmpi/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1'

make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/build'.

make[2]: Leaving directory '/scratch/tabrez30/cesm2_2.0/control_ewb/bld/intel/openmpi/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1'

[100%] Built target pio

make[1]: Leaving directory '/scratch/tabrez30/cesm2_2.0/control_ewb/bld/intel/openmpi/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1'

/cvmfs/soft.computecanada.ca/gentoo/2020/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start /home/tabrez30/scratch/cesm2_2.0/control_ewb/bld/intel/openmpi/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1/CMakeFiles 0

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
It looks like you are running into an issue with porting CESM to your machine. If you haven't already done so, please read through the guidance in 6. Porting and validating CIME on a new platform — CIME master documentation . If you are still having trouble, then please post your issue to the forum for porting (Infrastructure (CIME, porting, machines, scripts)). In your post, please include all of the information requested here: Information to include in help requests – including details of your machine port as well as the complete build log files for the failed build.