Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Closing the deposition fluxes of black carbon in CLM5.0

Mickey

ma mengmeng
Hello,every. I am doing tests on black carbon aerosols, I have turned off the black carbon radiation fluxes in the CAM module, now I want to turn off the on-snow black carbon deposition fluxes , I don't know which switch to turn off in which file, any help would be appreciated!

slevis

@oleson and others, pls correct me if I'm wrong:
I see the clm5.0 tag on your post, and I think that there is no switch for turning off black carbon deposition on snow. If so, then I recommend manually modifying the code so that it will do what you wish.

Mickey

ma mengmeng
@slevis
Hi, I'm very sorry for taking so long to reply you! I have found the source code in the folder /cesm/components/clm/src/biogeophys/AerosolMod.F90, if this is the correct file. If I want to turning off the black carbon deposition fluxes on snow, do I just need to assign the variable flx_bc_dep to zero (as shown in the screenshot) ? Again thank you so much for your help and best wishes for you!屏幕截图 2024-03-24 230727.png

slevis

Dear @Mickey, I am not specifically familiar with this part of the model, but your hypothesis seems reasonable. I think you should try it.