Scheduled Downtime
On Wednesday 09 March 2022 from 6am to 10am MT, the website will be down for maintenance

Compset and Version of CESM2 that supports T31-g37

ykp990521

ykp990521
Hello, everyone.
Is there a version of CESM2 and certain compsets that supportes T31_g37 resolution? My own version is 2.1.3 which could run f09_f09_mg17 and f19_g17 successfully, but when changing to other resolution like T31_g37, build errors will occur.

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Look in $CODEROOT/cime/scripts and run:

./query_config --grids

and

./query_config --compsets

When you run ./create_newcase, you will see if the compset and grid combination is tested or not. We are moving away from support for the T31_g37 grid combination. You can also do:

./query_testlists | grep T31_g37

However, if this resolution is what you really need, we recommend that you stick to CESM1.2.2 or earlier.

ykp990521

ykp990521
Look in $CODEROOT/cime/scripts and run:

./query_config --grids

and

./query_config --compsets

When you run ./create_newcase, you will see if the compset and grid combination is tested or not. We are moving away from support for the T31_g37 grid combination. You can also do:

./query_testlists | grep T31_g37

However, if this resolution is what you really need, we recommend that you stick to CESM1.2.2 or earlier.
My problem is that at resolution f19_g17 or higher, the simulation is rather slow (our group perhaps need a simulation for 3000 years or longer ), so I wish to use a lower resolution. Is f45_g37 or other low resolution supported? Or if there are other ways to speed up the simulation?