Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Compset and Version of CESM2 that supports T31-g37

ykp990521

ykp990521
Hello, everyone.
Is there a version of CESM2 and certain compsets that supportes T31_g37 resolution? My own version is 2.1.3 which could run f09_f09_mg17 and f19_g17 successfully, but when changing to other resolution like T31_g37, build errors will occur.

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Look in $CODEROOT/cime/scripts and run:

./query_config --grids

and

./query_config --compsets

When you run ./create_newcase, you will see if the compset and grid combination is tested or not. We are moving away from support for the T31_g37 grid combination. You can also do:

./query_testlists | grep T31_g37

However, if this resolution is what you really need, we recommend that you stick to CESM1.2.2 or earlier.

ykp990521

ykp990521
Look in $CODEROOT/cime/scripts and run:

./query_config --grids

and

./query_config --compsets

When you run ./create_newcase, you will see if the compset and grid combination is tested or not. We are moving away from support for the T31_g37 grid combination. You can also do:

./query_testlists | grep T31_g37

However, if this resolution is what you really need, we recommend that you stick to CESM1.2.2 or earlier.
My problem is that at resolution f19_g17 or higher, the simulation is rather slow (our group perhaps need a simulation for 3000 years or longer ), so I wish to use a lower resolution. Is f45_g37 or other low resolution supported? Or if there are other ways to speed up the simulation?