Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Could NOT find PnetCDF_Fortran NetCDF_C NetCDF_Fortran (Porting to CCAD's Serafin

marcost2

Marcos Tolcachir
Hi CESM-understanding people, i'm currently working on porting CESM2 to CCAD's Serafin (60 nodes, 2xEpyc7532, 128gb RAM and SLURM batch system)
I've slowly been making the proper files (config_batch, machines and compilers) which can be found at
github.com/marcost2/CESM2_CONFIG
And using the regression_tests to slowly work out the issues
However, now im stuck with a new issue that i just don't understand what's causing it; while running "/home/mtolcachir/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/create_test --walltime=0:15:00 cime_developer -t fake_testing_only_20220421_102547 --baseline-root /tmp/mtolcachir/scripts_regression_test.20220421_101705/baselines --test-root=/tmp/mtolcachir/scripts_regression_test.20220421_101705 --output-root=/tmp/mtolcachir/scripts_regression_test.20220421_101705" all of the builds for the tests fail with the same error, "Could NOT find PnetCDF_Fortran (missing: PnetCDF_Fortran_LIBRARY PnetCDF_Fortran_INCLUDE_DIR)" preceded by "Could NOT find NetCDF_C (missing: NetCDF_C_LIBRARY NetCDF_C_INCLUDE_DIR) Could NOT find NetCDF_Fortran (missing: NetCDF_Fortran_LIBRARY NetCDF_Fortran_INCLUDE_DIR)", now i've messed with the enviroment variables, slib flags and whatnot but i just cant seem to find the issue
I am attaching the output of describe_version and the bldlog for the last of the tests (all of them have exactly the same issue)

Any pointing in the right direction will be much appreciated

Attachments

• version_info.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 2
  • pio.bldlog.220421-123928.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 2

marcost2

Marcos Tolcachir
This was fixed by forgoing modules and installing the libraries directly. Now tracking down other issues

zhangguanhao

zhangguanhao
Hello,I met a similar question,"Could NOT find PnetCDF_Fortran (missing: PnetCDF_Fortran_LIBRARY PnetCDF_Fortran_INCLUDE_DIR)"
Could you please give some suggestions?
Thank you so much!

zhangguanhao

zhangguanhao
Sir, this question was caused by setting "--disable-fortran" when we installed "Pnetcdf". When we installed the "Pnetcdf" again problems got solved, and thank you so much, hope you can have a good day!
Best wishes!