Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Downloading input data - B1850 compset - no server response

Hi-
My terminal is showing the following when I run ./check_input_data --download --protocol svn
Loading input file list: 'Buildconf/cam.input_data_list'
Loading input file list: 'Buildconf/clm.input_data_list'
Loading input file list: 'Buildconf/cice.input_data_list'
Loading input file list: 'Buildconf/pop.input_data_list'
Loading input file list: 'Buildconf/mosart.input_data_list'
Loading input file list: 'Buildconf/cism.input_data_list'
Loading input file list: 'Buildconf/ww3.input_data_list'
Loading input file list: 'Buildconf/cpl.input_data_list'
Loading input file list: 'Buildconf/refcase.input_data_list'
Model refcase missing file refdir = '/home/osw_w17024285/CESM2/projects/inputdata/cesm2_init/b.e20.B1850.f19_g17.release_cesm2_1_0.020/0301-01-01/'
Client protocol gftp not enabled
Using protocol svn with user and passwd
Trying to download file: 'None' to path '/home/osw_w17024285/CESM2/projects/scratch/v6lmw.B1850.f19_g17/run/inputdata_checksum.dat.raw' using SVN protocol.
Could not automatically download file /home/osw_w17024285/CESM2/projects/scratch/v6lmw.B1850.f19_g17/run/inputdata_checksum.dat Restoring existing version.
Using protocol wget with user anonymous and passwd user@example.edu

At the last line, the terminal just hangs there and there is no response from the server. Does anyone have any ideas? I've noticed numerous threads and not found a solution that works (I've not done manual download as I am not sure which directory I should be in to do this and to make sure the data ends up in the right place)

thanks in advance

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
We'll be getting a fix in place in future code versions for the hang. But the immediate problem is likely that the machine is (mistakenly) blacklisted by the server. Can you please send an email to <help@cgd.ucar.edu> with information about your machine name / IP address. Hopefully they'll be able to fix the issue for you. If not, feel free to reply to this thread.

acgvar

Alvin C.G. Varquez
I or some shared users sometimes encounter errors in the check_input_data command and I always overcome them after checking file/folder permissions. Have you fixed the issue?