Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ERRO: NO variable gird found in case when create a newcase

CGL

CGL
Hi,all. When i try to create a new case, some issue occurred. Error: No variable grid found in case.

微信图片编辑_20230314102847.jpg
I guess it related to the wrong match to machine name. I write my machine name is config_machine.xml as <NODENAME_REGEX>MY1A</NODENAMEREGEX>(MY1A is my machine name.), but it doesn't work.
I found the ERROR; could not find machine match for "login03" or "login03" which "login03" means my Server login node. SO how can i fix it?

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
XML:
<NODENAME_REGEX></NODENAME_REGEX>
needs to be a regular expression that will be matched to

Bash:
hostname --long

which on your machine looks like it needs to be something like:

Python:
login\d?\d?

You need that match to work both for login nodes and compute nodes.

CGL

CGL
XML:
<NODENAME_REGEX></NODENAME_REGEX>
needs to be a regular expression that will be matched to

Bash:
hostname --long

which on your machine looks like it needs to be something like:

Python:
login\d?\d?

You need that match to work both for login nodes and compute nodes.
THX. The error for machine could not find is solved which mean the login node not match machine node. But i fix this ,i still get the error:

NO variable gird found.​

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I think you might be running with a much older version where f09_f09_mg17 doesn't give you a valid grid. Try using f09_g17, or use ./query_config --grids to get the list of valid grid aliases.

CGL

CGL
I think you might be running with a much older version where f09_f09_mg17 doesn't give you a valid grid. Try using f09_g17, or use ./query_config --grids to get the list of valid grid aliases.
Thanks a lot. i miss the f09_f09_mg17 in the config_query. What should i do to solve this? I choose the f09_f09_mg17 parameter because this is the supportede grids in the compset "F2000climo". My cesm version is CESM2.1.3.
1680089922113.png

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hmmm. I see the f09_f09_mg17 grid defined in CESM2.1.3, so I'm not sure why you aren't seeing it in your case. I would suggest you make sure that the externals are updated for your case.

run

Bash:
undefined

And if there are externals that aren't updated run it without the "-S" to get the correct externals that go with your CESM version.

CGL

CGL
Hmmm. I see the f09_f09_mg17 grid defined in CESM2.1.3, so I'm not sure why you aren't seeing it in your case. I would suggest you make sure that the externals are updated for your case.

run

Bash:
undefined

And if there are externals that aren't updated run it without the "-S" to get the correct externals that go with your CESM version.
You are right. I find there is no definition in the config. So i updated the config for grid. That's better.