Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Error during Model run clm

Anuj

Dear all,
I am getting following error. I am running ot for my 1 basin. I have created the data-sets. I have crosschecked land and atmospheric data-sets are in same dimension. but getting this error how we can resolve this please help me regarding this.

Error: (full log file has been enclosed as attachment file.)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Successfully initialized variables for accumulation

Attempting to initialize time variant variables
Setting initial data to non-spun up values
Attempting to read monthly vegetation data .....
nstep = 1 month = 1 day = 3
(GETFIL): attempting to find local file clms_64x128_USGS_c030605.nc
(GETFIL): using
/home/wcl/Anuj/CLM3_Model/Model_data/Input_basinwise/Input_basinwise/Godavari/Goda_Land_data/clms_64x128_USGS_c030605.nc
Successfully read monthly vegetation data for
month 12 and month 1

Successfully initialized time variant variables

Successfully initialized the land model
begin initial run at:
nstep= 1 year= 1960 month= 1 day=
2 seconds= 0

(GETFIL): attempting to find local file 1960-01.nc
(GETFIL): using
/home/wcl/Anuj/CLM3_Model/Model_data/Input_basinwise/Input_basinwise/Godavari/Goda_NCEPDATA/1960-01.nc

------------------------------------------------------------
nstep= 1 date= 19600102 sec= 0
ATM: attempting to read data from
/home/wcl/Anuj/CLM3_Model/Model_data/Input_basinwise/Input_basinwise/Godavari/Goda_NCEPDATA/1960-01.nc

Attempting to initialize atm->land model grid interpolation .....
Initializing atm -> srf interpolation .....
AREAOVR error: n_ovr= 11 exceeded mx_ovr = 10
for output lon,lat = 10 1

ENDRUN: called without a message string

CLM logfile:
has been enclosed here please find attachment.

Attachments

• logfile_clm.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 2

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Based on the error, you are probably using CLM3...which isn't supported. However, based on the error I'm guessing that the model is trying to map atmospheric gridcells to land gridcells and is finding more than 10 atm gridcells (11) that overlap a land gridcell, or the other way around, not really sure. You could check to make sure your atm grid lat/lons are all correct and your land grid lat/lons are all correct. You could also increase the variable mx_ovr to more than 11 and see if that fixes the problem. I think mx_ovr is defined as mxovr in atmdrvMod.F90.

Anuj

Based on the error, you are probably using CLM3...which isn't supported. However, based on the error I'm guessing that the model is trying to map atmospheric gridcells to land gridcells and is finding more than 10 atm gridcells (11) that overlap a land gridcell, or the other way around, not really sure. You could check to make sure your atm grid lat/lons are all correct and your land grid lat/lons are all correct. You could also increase the variable mx_ovr to more than 11 and see if that fixes the problem. I think mx_ovr is defined as mxovr in atmdrvMod.F90.
Thanks I will try sir.

Anuj

Respected Sir,

I have checked the both data ATM and LAND both have same latitude and longitude. I have also increased mx_ovr form 10 to 25.

### Till 24 it is showing as same previous
nstep= 1 date= 19650201 sec= 0
ATM: attempting to read data from
/home/wcl/Anuj/CLM3_Model/Model_data/Input_basinwise/Input_basinwise/Godavari/Goda_NCEPDATA/1965-02.nc

Attempting to initialize atm->land model grid interpolation .....
Initializing atm -> srf interpolation .....
AREAOVR error: n_ovr= 25 exceeded mx_ovr = 24
for output lon,lat = 10 1
ENDRUN: called without a message string

### when i changed it as 25. It is showing :
Compiled CLM model successfully
executing clm model
using input model data from /home/wcl/Anuj/CLM3_Model/inputdata/lnd/clm2
Floating point exception (core dumped)
CLM run failed

what should i do please help me regarding this.