Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ERROR during porting the CESM2.2

liulei

liu
When I test the following example:./create_newcase --res f09_f09_mg17 --compset FHIST
there is an error: ice_comp_mct.F90(592): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type. [TIMER_CPLSEND]
how to solve it?

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
It looks like timer_cplsend is available (in components/cice/src/mpi/ice_timers.F90) if CESMCOUPLED is defined. This should be defined by components/cice/cime_config/buildcpp. Can you look at the build command in your ice bldlog output to see if '-DCESMCOUPLED' appears in the build line?

If you'd like additional help with this, please provide the information requested here: https://bb.cgd.ucar.edu/cesm/threads/information-to-include-in-help-requests.4974/

Mickey

ma mengmeng
Hi,QIN,have you resolved this problem?I met the same issue and hope you can give me some suggestion!

qinchuang

13526027784@Qin
The issue I ran into was that when I tried to download, the GITHUB network link kept dropping out, so the installation package wasn't fully downloaded. As a result, I encountered the error mentioned above during the compilation process.