Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Error in preview_namelists: expect a F90 constant for a namelist instead got

majun

Dear scientist,
Thank you for your previous help. My goal using clm5.0 is to run a simple single point case (in a city) using default forcing data like CRUNCEP or QIAN. The surface data and domain file have been created suffessfully ( I don't know whether their namings are correct or not, it shows `successfully create surface dataset`).
(1) ./create_newcase --case test1x1_wh --res CLM_USRDAT --compset I1PtClm50SpGs --mach majun
(2) ./xmlchange CLM_USRDAT_NAME=$GRIDNAME
./xmlchange DIN_LOC_ROOT=$MYCSMDATA
./xmlchange ATM_DOMAIN_PATH=$GENDOM_PATH,LND_DOMAIN_PATH=$GENDOM_PATH
./xmlchange ATM_DOMAIN_FILE=$GENDOM_PATH/domain.lnd.domain.lnd.1x1_wh_noocean.nc_domain.ocn_noocean.nc.200427.nc,
LND_DOMAIN_FILE=$GENDOM_PATH/domain.lnd.domain.lnd.1x1_wh_noocean.nc_domain.ocn_noocean.nc.200427.nc
cp /home/shenhf/majun/clm5.0/tools/mksurfdata_map/surfdata_1x1_wh_hist_78pfts_CMIP6_simyr2000_c200428.nc
$MYCSMDATA/lnd/clm2/surfdata_map/surfdata_${GRIDNAME}_simyr2000.nc
It seems not to work ,so I add the following to user_nl_clm:
fsurdat='/home/shenhf/majun/inputdata/lnd/clm2/surfdata_map/surfdata_1x1_wh_simyr2000.nc'
fatmlndfrc='$GENDOM_PATH/domain.lnd.domain.lnd.1x1_wh_noocean.nc_domain.ocn_noocean.nc.200427.nc'
ATM_DOMAIN_PATH=/home/shenhf/majun/clm5.0/cime/tools/mapping/gen_domain_files
LND_DOMAIN_PATH=/home/shenhf/majun/clm5.0/cime/tools/mapping/gen_domain_files
ATM_DOMAIN_FILE=domain.lnd.domain.lnd.1x1_wh_noocean.nc_domain.ocn_noocean.nc.200427.nc
LND_DOMAIN_FILE=domain.lnd.domain.lnd.1x1_wh_noocean.nc_domain.ocn_noocean.nc.200427.nc
(3)./case.setup
(4) ./preview_namelists
Creating component namelists
Calling /home/shenhf/majun/clm5.0/cime/src/components/data_comps/datm/cime_config/buildnml
Calling /home/shenhf/majun/clm5.0/cime_config/buildnml
ERROR: Command /home/shenhf/majun/clm5.0/bld/build-namelist failed rc=255
out=err=ERROR(Build::Namelist::_parse_next): expect a F90 constant for a namelist instead got: /home/shenhf/majun/clm5.0/cime/tools/mapping/gen_domain_files

Do you know what's wrong ? Any help will be highly appreciated.

majun

this problem has been solved. You should set the correct ATM_DOMAIN_PATH LND_DOMAIN_PATH ATM_DOMAIN_FILE LND_DOMAIN_FILE and fsurdat in user_nl_clm