Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ERROR: ROF_GRID is null MOSART_MODE not NULL

dayon

Dear scientists of NCAR

I cut a regional surfcase dataset and domain dataset from the default 0.125x0.125 spatial resolution surfdata and domain dataset without changing the resolution by using the CLM5 tools.

Using the regional surfdata and domain data, I tried to create a case to simulate the streamflow. The case was set up with compset of "I2000Clm50SpGs", which means that the river routing moduel is "MOSART".

The setup information is as below:

./xmlchange NTASKS=80
./xmlchange DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_ALIGN=1980
./xmlchange DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_START=1980
./xmlchange DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_END=1980
./xmlchange DIN_LOC_ROOT=/home/dayon/inputdata
./xmlchange DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC=/home/dayon/inputdata/lmwg
./xmlchange RUN_STARTDATE=1980-01-01
./xmlchange STOP_N=1
./xmlchange STOP_OPTION=nyears
./xmlchange CLM_FORCE_COLDSTART='on'
./xmlchange REST_N=1
./xmlchange REST_OPTION=nyears
./xmlchange ATM_DOMAIN_FILE=domain.lnd.0.125x0.125_longtan_c210618.nc
./xmlchange LND_DOMAIN_FILE=domain.lnd.0.125x0.125_longtan_c210618.nc
./xmlchange MOSART_MODE=ACTIVE

However, when building the case, the shows that
ERROR: ROF_GRID is null MOSART_MODE not NULL

How to set the ROF_GRID? and how to add the lnd2rof_fmapname?

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Do you really want to have MOSART active for you case? You can, but you'll need to do a bunch of work to get it setup. If you aren't going to really look at MOSART you might as well turn it off. Also depending on what your regional grid looks like, it might not make a lot of sense to run MOSART over a limited area where the rivers don't flow through the entire grid. You'll have a lot of rivers that end in stubs or go outside the domain, so analysis on them is pretty limited.

So to turn MOSART off with your setup...

./xmlchange MOSART_MODE=NULL

dayon

Thanks, Erik. I do want to look at the results simulated by MOSART, even though in a small region. What I need to do to get it setup?