Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

error when build the case in CESM2.1.3

hi all,

i have no idea with the problem when i built the case in CESM 2.1.3, can anyone help me?

Building csm_share with output to file /home/wf/Outputs/CLM5/1x1_CN-YCA-maize-spinup1/bld/csm_share.bldlog.221103-084836
Calling /home/wf/CESM2.1.3/cime/src/build_scripts/buildlib.csm_share
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./case.build", line 147, in <module>
_main_func(__doc__)
File "./case.build", line 142, in _main_func
save_build_provenance=save_build_provenance)
File "/home/wf/CESM2.1.3/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/build.py", line 570, in case_build
return run_and_log_case_status(functor, "case.build", caseroot=caseroot)
File "/home/wf/CESM2.1.3/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/utils.py", line 1683, in run_and_log_case_status
rv = func()
File "/home/wf/CESM2.1.3/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/build.py", line 569, in <lambda>
save_build_provenance)
File "/home/wf/CESM2.1.3/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/build.py", line 520, in _case_build_impl
cimeroot, libroot, lid, compiler, buildlist, comp_interface)
File "/home/wf/CESM2.1.3/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/build.py", line 257, in _build_libraries
if comp_lnd == "clm" and "clm4_0" not in clm_config_opts:
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Indicates that the variable clm_config_opts is not defined. How did you get there? Please list the steps to reproduce this result.

Indicates that the variable clm_config_opts is not defined. How did you get there? Please list the steps to reproduce this result.
Thanks for your help. Where can i define clm_config_opts? It seems that i did not define this variable when i used CESM2.0.0. The attachments are the configure file i used in CESM2.1.3. The steps were:
1. configure this two files.
2. make the surface data and add the 1x1pt file into the namelist files.
3. create new case using "./create_newcase --case 1x1_CN-YCA-maize-spinup1 --compset I1PtClm51Bgc --res CLM_USRDAT --mach t640"
4. case.setup
5. modified env_run.xml, user_nl_clm, datm.streams.txt.CLM1PT.CLM_USRDAT(after ./preview_namelist)
6. ./case.build --skip-provenance-check

Thanks for your help. Where can i define clm_config_opts? It seems that i did not define this variable when i used CESM2.0.0. The attachments are the configure file i used in CESM2.1.3. The steps were:
1. configure this two files.
2. make the surface data and add the 1x1pt file into the namelist files.
3. create new case using "./create_newcase --case 1x1_CN-YCA-maize-spinup1 --compset I1PtClm51Bgc --res CLM_USRDAT --mach t640"
4. case.setup
5. modified env_run.xml, user_nl_clm, datm.streams.txt.CLM1PT.CLM_USRDAT(after ./preview_namelist)
6. ./case.build --skip-provenance-check

Attachments

• configuration.zip
    33.9 KB · Views: 1

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm not sure how you got past step 3. The compset I1PtClm51Bgc doesn't exist in release-cesm2.2.0

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
What is the output of "git describe" in /home/wf/CESM2.1.3/?
When I run ./create_newcase --case 1x1_CN-YCA-maize-spinup1 --compset I1PtClm51Bgc --res CLM_USRDAT, I get:

Did not find an alias or longname compset match for I1PtClm51Bgc
ERROR: No compset alias I1PtClm51Bgc found and this does not appear to be a compset longname.

That is because I1PtClm51Bgc is not an available compset in release-cesm2.1.3.
So I can't reproduce your step 3.

When I run ./create_newcase --case 1x1_CN-YCA-maize-spinup1 --compset I1PtClm51Bgc --res CLM_USRDAT, I get:

ERROR: No compset alias I1PtClm51Bgc found and this does not appear to be a compset longname.

okay, thank you, i will check it.

hi oleson,

I redownload the CESM2.1.3 and tested the model using ./create_newcase --case testX --res f19_g16 --compset X --machine t640, but i got this:

1667869635940.png

which python version should i use ? i note that the scripts in create_newcase.py needs python3
1667869741192.png

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Your most recent response probably belongs in the porting/infrastructure forum, I can't help with that. Please start a new post in that forum with that information. And provide the following information that was requested in your other thread (error when build the case in CESM2.1.3):

Please post this question to the porting forum (Infrastructure (CIME, porting, machines, scripts)). Please read through Information to include in help requests and make sure you are including all of the requested information there. If this is a port to a new machine, please especially make sure you include the information requested under, "If this is a port to a new machine".

Your most recent response probably belongs in the porting/infrastructure forum, I can't help with that. Please start a new post in that forum with that information. And provide the following information that was requested in your other thread (error when build the case in CESM2.1.3):

Please post this question to the porting forum (Infrastructure (CIME, porting, machines, scripts)). Please read through Information to include in help requests and make sure you are including all of the requested information there. If this is a port to a new machine, please especially make sure you include the information requested under, "If this is a port to a new machine".
okay, thank you :)