Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

failed with error 'b'/bin/sh: 1: source not found

mmert

Mert
Hello Everyone,
I want to use CESM2 climate model for my climate research but i had a problem. I created a case can be called "deneme_v2", but i had case.setup error i cant solve this problem can u help me please? Error message is :
(base) mmert@anafor1:~/CESM/cases/deneme_v2$ ./case.setup
Setting resource.RLIMIT_STACK to -1 from (8388608, -1)
Machine/Decomp/Pes configuration has already been done ...skipping
If an old case build already exists, might want to run 'case.build --clean' before building
ERROR: Command: 'source /usr/share/modules/init/sh && module list' failed with error 'b'/bin/sh: 1: source: not found'' from dir '/home/mmert/CESM/cases/deneme_v2'

Attachments

• case.setup and new.case log files.zip
    3 KB · Views: 3

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm moving this to the porting forums, since this seems to be a machine porting issue. From a quick search, I see some similar threads in the forums, such as Porting error: source not found and case.setup ERROR. What is "modulecmd"? - I suggest looking through those first - and other threads you can find in a search like Search results for query: source "not found" (some of those are irrelevant, but some are relevant).

If the other threads don't help you with your problem, then please add more information as requested in Information to include in help requests - including the information under the porting section there.

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I think that you haven't properly ported the model to your system, please review the porting guide.

Could not find machine match for 'anafor1' or 'anafor1'
Machine is hobart