Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How to extract land/sea mask from region_mask.ieeei4?

wadewei

Wade Wei
Hi all,

I am trying to run a LGM simulation with CESM1.2.2 and B1850 compset. I have a set of ocean restart files (gx1v6) and corresponding mask files to take advantage of. Unfortunately the bnd_topo file for CAM on hand has land/sea mask slightly different from the ocean files due to different interpolation strategy by different people. Can I modify the LAND_FRAC to somewhat match the ocean/sea ice's mask?

Thank you!

Wade

slevis

In new versions of the land model (master branch on GitHub) we provide some tools in /tools/modify_input_files that you may or may not find useful. Look at the README instructions there.

@altuntas @islas might visualCaseGen be helpful for this user? Any other options that you or anyone else may wish to suggest?