Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How to set up to run 2014 in Fclimo2000

CGL

CGL
Hi,all!

I've been having some problems lately.

(1)Why did we set up Fclimo2000, to run 2000 alone, and are these kinds of results meant to explain anything?

(2)If I want to run 2014 on its own, it's like "Fclimo2014".How do I accomplish this?

(3)If I only change the surface data for the year 2000, if I run the HISTORICAL experiment, are all the results after 2000 affected? (Temperature for example)

slevis

1. It's tradition. We could have picked 2014 instead. We picked 2000 many years ago, and we still use it.
2. You should probably set up an FHist case and cycle 2014 over and over. I have not tried this myself, so I will let others fill in details or correct my suggestion.
3. Historical cases point to landuse data that change every year. If you changed the landuse data in 2000 only, then the other years will continue to use the unchanged landuse data. The simulated temperature will differ after 2000 due to the change in 2000, but will differ less than if you had changed the landuse data for all subsequent years. CLARIFICATION: if you changed the fsurdat file and NOT the landuse data, then I think that nothing will change because historical cases get the landuse from the landuse data, not from the fsurdat file.

CGL

CGL
I've read before that the Fclimo2000 driver data is an averaged state data. So I think Fclimo2000 reflects an averaged state result and it is difficult to specify a specific year.