Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Invalid input, GSMap%gsize

MrIgnition

Hello all,
I am running clm5 in offline mode with compset I1850Clm50SpCru. My intention with this is just to compare which dataset (GSWP vs CRUNCEP) performs better in simulating evapotranspiration over my domain. The simulation with GSWP is complete and I intend to now use CRUNCEP for the same domain and time periods. The build was successful but i got errors after submitting the case.
From checking the log files, its the cesm.log file that shows the above named error. Please find the file attached.

Attachments

• cesm.log.txt
    261.4 KB · Views: 6

MrIgnition

Can you attach your other log files (e.g., lnd, ice, atm, etc.)?
Thank you Oleson for your usual support. I found a way around it and I think its important I share my findings. As mentioned in my earlier post I wanted to compare the performance of GSWP and CRUNCEP in estimating ET (Evapotranspiration). For the GSWP dataset, I used compset I2000Clm50SpGs while for the CRUNCEP i used I1850Clm50SpCru. The occurrence of the error made me realise that the two compsets were somewhat incomparable as the former did not run CISM while the latter did (which i suspect is the cause of the error). In the quest to find a compset which looked similar to I2000Clm50SpGs we discovered that there was no alias "I2000Clm50SpGsCru" alias. We then decided to tweak the the closest long name to suit our purpose. So we took 1850_DATM%CRUv7_CLM50%SP_SICE_SOCN_MOSART_CISM2%NOEVOLVE_SWAV which had alias I1850Clm50SpCru and substituted both the year and CISM components to suit us. So we had 2000_DATM%CRUv7_CLM50%SP_SICE_SOCN_MOSART_SGLC_SWAV. Since there was no alias we had to specify the long name to create the case.

It has worked and results are out already.
Thank you for for developing a mechanistic yet flexible/customizable model.