Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Is it possible to change grid resolution and eco-physiological parameter values for I2000clm50FatesCruRsGs?

aatreyee_iirs

Aatreyee Nath
Hello everyone,
For the compset 2000_DATM%CRUv7_CLM50%FATES_SICE_SOCN_MOSART_SGLC_SWAV, when I run ./check_input_data --download, it downloads forcing data till 2010. But I understand there is data up to 2016. So can I download those files in the same folder where the rest of the data is stored and submit the case up to 2016? Should I edit the datm.streams.txt.CLMCRUNCEPv7.Precip etc. files in the CaseDocs or rundir?

Thank you.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
If you change DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_END to 2016 (../xmlchange DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_END=2016) in your case directory, that data should be downloaded and available.

aatreyee_iirs

Aatreyee Nath
Hello everyone,
For the compset 2000_DATM%CRUv7_CLM50%FATES_SICE_SOCN_MOSART_SGLC_SWAV, with the resolution f09_g16, the following is the fsurdat that is downloaded
surfdata_0.9x1.25_hist_16pfts_Irrig_CMIP6_simyr2000_c190214.nc
I was just checking this file to understand it, I saw that the time stamps are from 0001-01-01 to 0001-12-01. I was thinking that this file would contain the information for the year 2000. Kindly correct me if I am wrong.
So I am having trouble understanding why the time stamps are for the year 0001 and not 2000.
Thank you
Regards,

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
When I do an ncdump -v time on the file I get:

int time(time) ;
time:long_name = "Calendar month" ;
time:units = "month" ;
data:

time = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ;

I don't see any year information other than in the filename. But the dataset does represent surface data at year 2000.

aatreyee_iirs

Aatreyee Nath
Thank you very much for the clarification.
Thus, if I run this compset after spinup, the land model will simulate all the land surface conditions thereafter, since it is the active component?
Please correct me if I am getting this wrong.

Regards,

aatreyee_iirs

Aatreyee Nath
Dear all,
I have a very fundamental question regarding the surface dataset. If the fsurdat represents the conditions in the year 2000 e.g. surfdata_0.9x1.25_hist_16pfts_Irrig_CMIP6_simyr2000_c190214.nc, if I continue the run for the next year, will the surface data remain the same and the land model will simulate and continue everything based on the initial year? Or the fsurdat has to be changed every year?

Thank you,

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Yes the model will continue to use the year 2000 data for each year, unless you have specified a transient simulation. In that case, there will be a flanduse_timeseries file specified in your lnd_in file that will have data for specific years.