Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

MCT build error

balaji

BALAJI SENAPATI
I am getting error during building of CESM 2.1.3. Error is coming from MCT. I am attaching the build log file for reference. Please help me in this regard.

Attachments

• mct.bldlog.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 5

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm not sure what's going on, but it looks like /home/balaji/cesm/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/src/externals/mct/Makefile isn't finding
any files to build. This could be missing files in your sandbox, or a misconfiguration for your machine if this is a new machine port.

You can follow the new machine porting instructions here.

You can also supply more information so we can help you better.

Chris

balaji

BALAJI SENAPATI
I'm not sure what's going on, but it looks like /home/balaji/cesm/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/src/externals/mct/Makefile isn't finding
any files to build. This could be missing files in your sandbox, or a misconfiguration for your machine if this is a new machine port.

You can follow the new machine porting instructions here.

You can also supply more information so we can help you better.

Chris
I copied the "mpeu" from the source code to the case and "mct" is building now. But I am getting problem in "pio" now. I have attached all the details for your reference. Thank you for your kind response.

Attachments

• config_machines.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 2
  • config_compilers.txt
    4 KB · Views: 4
  • pio.bldlog.220731-150957.txt
    12.9 KB · Views: 5
  • mct.bldlog.220731-150957.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 3
  • gptl.bldlog.220731-150957.txt
    951 bytes · Views: 1

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Are you trying to do a serial build, or an mpi build? From your log files, it looks like you're doing a serial build.

balaji

BALAJI SENAPATI
Are you trying to do a serial build, or an mpi build? From your log files, it looks like you're doing a serial build.
Where did I make a mistake? I am not using the module. I am trying to do an MPI build.

balaji

BALAJI SENAPATI
I need to look into your configuration more, I haven't seen anything yet.
I think the problem is in the mpi library. where and how can I provide the path for mpi library? and then it is not executing files of MCT. copying MCT files is not the solution.

balaji

BALAJI SENAPATI
After all, I have successfully build and run the model. But for output, I am checking the archive folder. But there are only restart files. Why is it not producing output files? Please help me in this last step.

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Balaji,

Make sure you have DOUT_S set to TRUE. Also, depending on the compset and run length, you may not be getting completed
history files.

balaji

BALAJI SENAPATI
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am now getting the output files on a monthly scale. But, how do I get the output on a daily scale?