Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

modify the RUN_REFCASE to the continue_run casename

CGL

CGL
Hi,all !
I want to know can i set the RUN_REFCASE as the continue_run casename. Because the server's calculations are always stuck, I have to continue run for one case frequently.

To be specific:The first run casename is set as 1850_2000, and the continue_run casename is 1850_2000_continue.
The first time I want to CONTINUE_RUN, I have to set the RUN_REFCASE as 1850_2000.
If the 1850_2000_continue case stuck, I have to recreate new continue_run case like 1850_2000_continue2... But it is very tedious, you should reset the RUN_REFCASE and re-copy the rpointer files, the restart files.
I want to know, if i modify the RUN_REFCASE to continue_run casename, the continue_run task will work? For example, I want to continue_run the 1850_2000_continue case. Can I just modify the RUN_REFCASE=1850_2000_continue,the new RUN_REFDATE and resubmit it,in the 1850_2000_continue case?

slevis

Cretainly, Change the CONTINUE_RUN=TRUE is meet my need.
@CGL if you answered your question with CONTINUE_RUN=TRUE, that's great!
Otherwise, you can also continue a simulation as a branch or hybrid by using the RUN_REF settings.