Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Modifying CESM Source Code with CESMlab

Hi all,

First, I wanted to express how useful the CESMlab has been to my students and I. Thank you so much for developing and supporting it!

I have one very novice question: is there a way to access or modify the source code?

I appreciate the help and thanks in advance!

Best,
Howard

taoliu_tech

Tao Liu
Hi Howard, I also find CESM docker very useful. I do not know which specific docker you are using, but if you use escape/ctsm-neon(Docker), you can modify the scripts in "cd ~/CTSM/time/scripts." The script folder is in the home directory, and you can either modify the scripts directly in ~/CTSM/time/scripts or make copies of the ~/CTSM folder and then modify the codes in the copied folder. My only issue with the container is that I can not run the general site point simulation(subset_data can not find inputdata). If you can do the general site simulation, please let me know.

Thanks for the suggestion! I am using cesm-lab-2.2. I am not trying to get to scripts but rather the model routines themselves. For instance, do you know if there is a way I could access components/cam/src/chemistry/mozart and the files within that directory?