Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Namelist variable, NSPLTVRM

yhdchoi

YONGHAN CHOI
Hello,

I tried to run data assimilation cycling with CESM and DART.

I got error messages as below when I ran CESM.

Lagrangian levels are crossing 9.999999999999999E-012
Run will ABORT!
Suggest to increase NSPLTVRM

Could you let me know how I can solve the above error?
Is it enough to change namelist variable, fv_nspltvrm?
What value should I use for fv_nspltvrm, and what's its default value?

Thank you for your help!

Yonghan

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm not able to answer your question completely, but I can direct you to CAM's namelist page. It is at: CESM2 CAM6.3 Namelist Definitions. If you search for 'NSPLTVRM', the listing for fv_nspltvrm lists the default settings for various configurations.

I can also let you know that the namelist setting you want to change is fv_nspltvrm. I am making a note that this error message needs to be updated in the original CAM code to reflect the precise name. Sorry for the misleading error message.

If you need further help, please include the information requested at: Information to include in help requests This information will allow someone to better be able to help you.

yhdchoi

YONGHAN CHOI
I'm not able to answer your question completely, but I can direct you to CAM's namelist page. It is at: CESM2 CAM6.3 Namelist Definitions. If you search for 'NSPLTVRM', the listing for fv_nspltvrm lists the default settings for various configurations.

I can also let you know that the namelist setting you want to change is fv_nspltvrm. I am making a note that this error message needs to be updated in the original CAM code to reflect the precise name. Sorry for the misleading error message.

If you need further help, please include the information requested at: Information to include in help requests This information will allow someone to better be able to help you.
Hello Cheryl,

Thank you for your kind help.

I will try to change namelist variable, fv_nspltvrm.

thakur.abubakar

Abu Bakar Siddiqui Thakur

Hello Cheryl,

I have been getting the same error message when I'm trying to run CAM with a custom resolution. I have tried changing fv_nspltvrm (along with fv_nsplit and fv_nspltrac) but after one point I get a segmentation fault error. Changing the npr_yz settings I'm able to increase the fv_nspltvrm values but I hit segmentation fault nonetheless. The details of the problem I'm facing are provided here. Any guidance or tips on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Abu Bakar

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Sorry, I just returned from an extended vacation. Are you still having issues with this?