Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

New installation of CESM2.2 on Derecho

James King

James King
Hi,

I’m trying to install and test CESM2.2 on Derecho. I’ve followed the steps on the UCAR wiki [https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/camchem/Run+CESM+with+Chemistry+on+Derecho] but run into issues on the final step:

git checkout release-cesm2.2.01/hist_opt

This does not appear to exist, nor is there a ‘hist_opt’ in any of the available cesm2.2.0 releases that I can see.

Omitting this step allows me to install CESM2.2 in the usual way. However, I am unable to build a case on Derecho as there is a failure of the build scripts somewhere in CLM. The Wiki instructions imply to me that the last few steps are some sort of CLM patch but they appear to be out of date. I’ve attached the CLM build log from the attempted build which failed. Any advice on what might be going wrong here would be appreciated, and a heads-up that that wiki page probably needs updating.

Thanks,

James

Attachments

• lnd.bldlog.231018-054633.txt
    327.2 KB · Views: 6

James King

James King
Hi,

That fixed the CLM build error, thanks! However, now there's a GLC one to take its place. I've attached the relevant build log file.

Cheers,

James

Attachments

• glc.bldlog.231019-082615.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 7

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You need two changes to build this version of cism on derecho:

In file libglimmer/writestats.c. add #include <ctype.h>

in file cism/cime_config/buildlib. change:
-my $sysmod = "$GMAKE $glc_dir/Makefile MODEL=cism USER_CMAKE_OPTS=\"$cmake_opts\" USER_MKDEPENDS_OPTS=\"$mkdepends_opts\" GLCROOT=$GLCROOT GLC_DIR=$glc_dir -f $CASETOOLS/Makefile EXEROOT=$EXEROOT $GMAKE_OPTS";

to

+my $sysmod = "$GMAKE GLCMakefile MODEL=cism USER_CMAKE_OPTS=\"$cmake_opts\" USER_MKDEPENDS_OPTS=\"$mkdepends_opts\" GLCROOT=$GLCROOT GLC_DIR=$glc_dir -f $CASETOOLS/Makefile EXEROOT=$EXEROOT $GMAKE_OPTS";