Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Port to a new XC50

swartn

Neil Swart
Hello,

I'm trying to port to a new XC50. I build a machine_config.xml, based on aleph, which is very similar. Where I'm currently struggling is in the correct definition of `config_batch.xml`. The system also uses pbs, however there are some details about the queues. I tried to define a version in `$HOME/.cime/config_batch.xml`, using the pbs definitions from the default `.cime/config/cesm/machines/config_batch.xml`, however when I test the syntax on this (exact same file) it does not validate.

If I have no `config_batch.xml` file, when using `create_newcase`, I get an error, even if I explicitly specify the queue and wallclock time to use:

```
./create_newcase --case ~/runpath3/my_cesm_sandbox/test/b.e20.B1850.f19_g17.test --compset B1850 --res f19_g17 -q development --walltime 03:00:00
WARNING: No queue on this system met the requirements for this job. Falling back to defaults
ERROR: No queues found
```

Any guidance on correctly defining the `config_batch`, selecting specific queues, or other necessary machine configuration? thanks

swartn

Neil Swart
Sorry, I should correct that. The default `config_batch` does validate, but I still have the issue regarding selecting a queue.

leelay

leelay
Sorry, I should correct that. The default `config_batch` does validate, but I still have the issue regarding selecting a queue.
hello,have you solved your problem? I've encountered into a similar problem.