Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Questions about creating surface data

Houhhu

Nash
Hello everyone!
According to the CLM5.0 user's guide, I am trying to create my own surface data.First, I generate a SCRIPgrids based on the raw data and get 3 files:
SCRIPgrid_CMFD_BNF_nomask_c231117.nc
SCRIPgrid_CMFD_BNF_noocean_c231117.nc
map_CMFD_BNF_noocean_to_CMFD_BNF_nomask_aave_da_231117.nc

Then, I use the mkmapdata.sh to generate a serial of map files EXCEPT (according to other forums, this step needs plenty of mem)
map_1km-merge-10min_HYDRO1K-merge-nomask_to_CMFD_BNF_nomask_aave_da_c231119.nc

So, I try to use the method provided by Bill Sacks, which is in https://svn-ccsm-inputdata.cgd.ucar..._1km-merge-10min_HYDRO1K-merge-nomask_c130402. In this README file, he provide a script (master_script_regional.sh)to create mapping file for the high-resolution UGRID file.However, I fail to modify the master_script_regional.sh. I have no idea how to change the script for my research region. Maybe change the $dest_gridfile?

the error.log , the original master_script_regional.sh and modified master_script_regional.sh for my research region are attched behind.

I also find a way to create global high resolution surface dataset and domain files by Oleson in high resolution (0.1 degree) CLM5-BGC-crop regional simulation . I try to use this method on my own machine (not on cheyenne), but get error in create_ESMF_map.sh :Can not determine machine name from hostname 'ln31.para.bscc'. what should I do if I want to generate the surfacedata and domain files on my own machine?

If possible, can I download these two files, "surfdata" and "domain" generated by Oleson? I want to subset for my region.
surfdata_0.1x0.1_hist_78pfts_CMIP6_simyr2005_c230512.nc
domain.lnd.0.1x0.1_gx1v7.230512.nc

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Best and Regards

Attachments

• error.log.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 2
  • modified_master_script_regional.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 0
  • original_master_script_regional.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 0

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I've put a version of the global 0.1x0.1 files on our ftp site if that helps.
ftp://ftp.cgd.ucar.edu/pub/oleson