Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Radiation diagnostics Issue

xzhao009

Xueying
Hi,
I want to do diagnostic radiation calculation to get the radiative forcing of non-methane species. I got an error in cam.log file showing

rad_cnst_init: checking for radiative constituents
ERROR:
list_init2 ERROR: invalid source for specie

I checked the input data namelist and path. They look fine. I attached the cesm.log and cam.log files.

I used F2000climo component set and run on cheyenne.
These are the steps I did.
./create_newcase --case /glade/scratch/$USER/cases/F2000climo_ALL --compset F2000climo --res f19_f19_mg17 --run-unsupported
./case.setup
./case.build
Copied rad_climate in CaseDocs/atm_in to user_nl_cam. Removed CH4.

rad_diag_1 = 'A:Q:H2O', 'N:O2:O2',
'N:CO2:CO2', 'N:ozone:O3',
'N:N2O:N2O',
'N:CFC11:CFC11', 'N:CFC12:CFC12',
'M:mam4_mode1:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/mam4_mode1_rrtmg_aeronetdust_sig1.6_dgnh.48_c140304.nc', 'M:mam4_mode2:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/mam4_mode2_rrtmg_aitkendust_c141106.nc',
'M:mam4_mode3:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/mam4_mode3_rrtmg_aeronetdust_sig1.2_dgnl.40_c150219.nc', 'M:mam4_mode4:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/mam4_mode4_rrtmg_c130628.nc',
'N:VOLC_MMR1:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/volc_camRRTMG_byradius_sigma1.6_mode1_c170214.nc', 'N:VOLC_MMR2:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/volc_camRRTMG_byradius_sigma1.6_mode2_c170214.nc',
'N:VOLC_MMR3:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/volc_camRRTMG_byradius_sigma1.2_mode3_c170214.nc'

./preview_namelist
./check_inputdata --download
./check_case
./preview run
./case.submit

I can't figure out what I have done wrong. It will be very appreciated if anyone could guide me on this.

Thank you very much!

Xueying

Attachments

• cesm.log.1374450.chadmin1.ib0.cheyenne.ucar.edu.211106-195509.txt
    105.7 KB · Views: 3
  • atm.log.1374450.chadmin1.ib0.cheyenne.ucar.edu.211106-195509.txt
    40.2 KB · Views: 3

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Xueying and Xinhao,

Can you provide me your user_nl_cam and atm_in files, along with the model version you are using following these instructions? That will help me determine if there were any syntax errors made, and if not if there is a model bug somewhere.

Thanks, and have a good weekend!

Jesse

XinhaoSuo

Xinhao Suo
Hi Xueying and Xinhao,

Can you provide me your user_nl_cam and atm_in files, along with the model version you are using following these instructions? That will help me determine if there were any syntax errors made, and if not if there is a model bug somewhere.

Thanks, and have a good weekend!

Jesse
HI Jesse

Like this question , i want to get the radiative forcing of non-carbon dioxide species ,and also have the error:
ERROR: list_init2 ERROR: invalid source for specie

and this is my user_nl_cam and atm_in files.

Thank you very much!
Xinhao

Attachments

• atm_in.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 5
  • user_nl_cam.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 6