Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Support for Linux/MacOS ARM64

mgrigorov

Martin Grigorov
Hello CESM community!

I (via my employer) am interested in running CESM on Linux ARM64 platform.
I've found this discussion where there is an interest in MacOS ARM64.
I could not help with Mac M1 hardware but I could offer a Linux ARM64 VM that could be used long term for development/CI/release/... needs.
Please let me know if you are interested!

Kind regards,
Martin

dobbins

Brian Dobbins
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Ah, I need to get back to the M1 / ARM stuff, thanks for the reminder. We have actually run CESM on the ARM Graviton processors on AWS, so I expect an ARM version is definitely doable, we're just constrained by the lack of hardware to test our containers on - I'll try to get to this later this week and provide an update.

Can you tell me more of which version of CESM you're interested in? I'll start with that.

Thanks!
- Brian

dobbins

Brian Dobbins
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Martin,

CESM 2.1 should be fine. It turns out our IT group has an M1 Mac I can get ahold of sometime next week, too, so I should be able to test it then. I'll send you an update then, and look forward to any feedback you can offer afterwards, too.

Thanks!
- Brian

mgrigorov

Martin Grigorov
Hi Brian,

Just checking whether you had a chance to work on this ?
I could help providing Linux ARM64 VM for development and testing if you need such!

Regards,
Martin