Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

surfrd_get_data ERROR: sum of wt_lunit not 1.0

slevis

That sounds right. To ensure that you understand the differences between transient and non-transient simulations, I recommend that you create two test cases. One should be an I2000 case and the other an IHist case with everything else identical. Then you can use "diff" to compare the directories of the two cases. This will show you exactly how transient and non-transient cases differ.

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
That sounds right. To ensure that you understand the differences between transient and non-transient simulations, I recommend that you create two test cases. One should be an I2000 case and the other an IHist case with everything else identical. Then you can use "diff" to compare the directories of the two cases. This will show you exactly how transient and non-transient cases differ.
Thanks for the response, I think i have get the diffrience between I2000 and IHIST, the key point is whether the module use the flanduse.timeseries?
Another confusion is at what conditions I need to use I2000 or IHIST?

slevis

I2000 is a "time-slice" simulation. IHist is a "transient" simulation. You as the researcher decide when it's appropriate to use one or the other.