Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Trouble Downloading CESM 1.2.2

tylerh

Tyler Harrington

Attachments

• Image 1-22-20 at 1.03 PM.jpg
    Image 1-22-20 at 1.03 PM.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 12

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
For CESM1, you need to register here CESM | User Registration in order to get the password to use for downloading the release code. If you were using the password you received, you may want to try again: the svn server was down for a short time Wed morning.

Please note that CESM1 is no longer supported, so we will not be able to help you with further problems you run into with the use of this older code base.

For CESM1, you need to register here CESM | User Registration in order to get the password to use for downloading the release code. If you were using the password you received, you may want to try again: the svn server was down for a short time Wed morning.

Please note that CESM1 is no longer supported, so we will not be able to help you with further problems you run into with the use of this older code base.
Hi Bill,

Is this registration form still active? I'm having trouble registering with it.

Thanks,
Jennifer

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Jennifer,

I'm not sure. First to confirm: Do you definitely want CESM1 and not CESM2? If so, I'll check in with some folks here to see if that form should still work.

Bill

shields@ucar_edu

Hi Jennifer, I am glad you have this working. I just want to make sure you know about the resources available for using CESM for paleoclimate. I would recommend visiting the paleo resources webpage and the github repository for necessary code likely needed for your simulations given paleo runs are usually not "out of the box". (Note the cesm1.2 paleo tool kit "recipe" is for deep time paleoclimate; for Quaternary periods, you will probably need to use the "FAQ"). Good luck!

behroozr

Behrooz Roozitalab
Hi,

I mostly use CESM2 but for a case study, I want to use CESM1 and followed the instruction to checkout it using svn. However, I faced an error saying:
Checked out external at revision 91832.

Checked out revision 91832.

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I tried to checkout different versions and received similar error. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Behrooz

sranjit

Ranjit
I am also facing the same issue for downloading the 'cesm1.2.2.1'

Checked out external at revision 91832.

Checked out revision 91832.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

any help will be appreciated

Thanks and Regards,
Ranjit