Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

turning off the crop model in the compset I2000Clm

MS_CLM

I would like to turn off the crop model option within the compset: I2000Clm50BgcCropGs with res f19_g16 (200km), so I did add the followings in the namelists user_nl_clm and lnd_in: use_crop = .false. AND irrigate = .false.

The model run gives the following error:
ERROR: Command /gpfs/fs1/home/c/cgf/msol/cesm2.1.3_clm/components/clm/bld/build-namelist failed rc=255
out=err=ERROR : CLM build-namelist::CLMBuildNamelist::setup_cmdl_crop() : Namelist item use_crop contradicts the command-line option -crop, use the command line option

I also wanted to compile the compset without crop e.g., I2000Clm50Bgc, but such a compset is NOT available: CESM2.1.3 Component Sets Definitions

What does this mean: use the command line option?

I'm running the model using:
./case.submit --resubmit-immediate

Any suggestions please?

slevis

I think the error refers to a setting in your env_run.xml. Look for the string "-crop" there. I expect you to find it in CLM_BLDNML_OPTS. Try removing -crop, building, and running your case. I hope it works this way.

Regarding your other attempt:
- Try the command "./query_config --compsets" in your ctsm directory under /cime/scripts. This shows all available compsets.
- Notice that each compset has a long version. You can use the long version instead of the short version when creating a new case.
- In your example you can modify the long version by removing -CROP and creating the case that way. I think this should also work. Another thread discussing using this approach successfully is here.

MS_CLM

I think the error refers to a setting in your env_run.xml. Look for the string "-crop" there. I expect you to find it in CLM_BLDNML_OPTS. Try removing -crop, building, and running your case. I hope it works this way.

Regarding your other attempt:
- Try the command "./query_config --compsets" in your ctsm directory under /cime/scripts. This shows all available compsets.
- Notice that each compset has a long version. You can use the long version instead of the short version when creating a new case.
- In your example you can modify the long version by removing -CROP and creating the case that way. I think this should also work. Another thread discussing using this approach successfully is here.
Thank you so much for the recommendations. I will try it...