Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

WACCM with CAM5 physics for pre-industrial conditions

Hi all,

Is there a predefined component set to run WACCM with CAM5 physics for pre-industrial conditions using data ocean (F)?

Since I couldn't find any, I created a user-defined compset as:
./create_newcase -case ~/CAM5_WACCM_PI -user_compset 1850_CAM5%WCCM_CLM40%SP_CICE%PRES_DOCN%DOM_RTM_SGLC_SWAV -res f19_g16 -mach gadi

I could create the case followed by a successful test run for 5 days. But I was wondering if it's is the best way to do this.
I would appreciate any suggestions, thank you!

Deepashree

mmills

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
There is no compset. WACCM with CAM5 physics is not a supported or defined model configuration, although a number of papers were published using development versions.

mmills

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
A user-defined compset should work. I forgot that there is a B1850W5CN compset in cesm1.2.2. Just make sure your atm_in namelist is the same as for the B compset when you switch to data ocean.