Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

what is problem with the model run efficiency

sunweihao

19970130SWh
I am running FHIST compsets on super machine, but I find the efficiency is very low, No matter how much CPUs I use, the efficiency don't change,
I pose my processes about my setup newcase, can you give me some instruction of my problem

./create_newcase --case control --res f09_g17 --compset FHIST --run-unsupported --compiler gnu --mach sun
./xmlchange ATM_NTASKS=-8,CPL_NTASKS=-8,GLC_NTASKS=-8,ICE_NTASKS=-8,LND_NTASKS=-8,OCN_NTASKS=-8,ROF_NTASKS=-8,WAV_NTASKS=-8,MAX_TASKS_PER_NODE=28,MAX_MPITASKS_PER_NODE=28
./xmlchange STOP_OPTION=nyears
./xmlchange STOP_N=2
./xmlchange RESUBMIT=10
./xmlchange STOP_DATE=20010101
./xmlchange REST_N=1
./xmlchange REST_OPTION=nyears
./case.setup

goldy

AMP / CGD / NCAR
Staff member
I have a couple of questions:
  • Why are you running with the f09_g17 grid combination? Is there a reason you do not use f09_f09_mg17?
  • What do you mean efficiency? What do you expect that is not happening?
Before I can provide any other help, please submit all of the information requested when posting new threads (see: Information to include in help requests).