Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

when to set the file path in datm.streams**

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
Hi, all
I run a ssp simulation following the steps in forum, after build , i get the datm.streams.txt.Anomaly.Forcing* files,
then i manually revised the content of datm.streams.txt.Anomaly.Fo* as follow:

</variableNames>
<filePath>
/scratch/snx3000/rxu/CCLM2_inputdata/cesm_inputdata/atm/datm7/anomaly_forcing_mct_for_ftp
</filePath>
<fileNames>
domain.b.e21.BHIST.f09_g17.CMIP6-historical.010.c200203.nc
</fileNames>
</domainInfo>
<fieldInfo>
<variableNames>
huss shum_af
</variableNames>
<filePath>
/scratch/snx3000/rxu/CCLM2_inputdata/cesm_inputdata/atm/datm7/anomaly_forcing_mct_for_ftp
</filePath>
<fileNames>
af.huss.CESM.SSP370.2015-2100.nc
But, after i run ./case.submit, the content of my revise version changed to the below content:

<filePath>
/scratch/snx3000/rxu/CCLM2_inputdata/cesm_inputdata/atm/datm7/anomaly_forcing
</filePath>
<fileNames>
domain.permafrostRCN_P2.c2013.nc
</fileNames>
</domainInfo>
<fieldInfo>
<variableNames>
pr prec_af
</variableNames>
<filePath>
/scratch/snx3000/rxu/CCLM2_inputdata/cesm_inputdata/atm/datm7/anomaly_forcing
</filePath>
<fileNames>
af.pr.ccsm4.rcp45.2006-2300.nc

I am wonder what happend....

Best

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You wouldn't modify the datm.streams.* files directly. Place the user_* files in your case directory and then run ./preview_namelists to get the resolved namelists.

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
You wouldn't modify the datm.streams.* files directly. Place the user_* files in your case directory and then run ./preview_namelists to get the resolved namelists.
Let me clarify the process. After case.setup, i copy the user_datm.streams.txt.Anomaly.Forcing* to the case folder, and then run ./preview_namelists to get the datm.streams* files. I follow this way, but the datm.streams.* files seems unchanged, the content is not match with the user_datm.streams.txt.Anomaly.Forcing*.....

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
I am sorry, i copy the user_datm.streams.txt.Anomaly.Forcing* to the run folder, when i change it to the case folder, it works well.
Sorry for trouble you.

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
Hi, Oleson,

I have finished my simulation, now i plan to plot the temperature/pr data from the foricng atm data, do you know how to create the future climate data from
GSWP and anomaly forcing data provided by your side, is it just add GSWP+anomaly forcing, for example the temperature in 2030, it should be

GSWP_2003+ anomaly_forcing_2030

Best

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You would use the CLM history variables just like you would from any other simulation. For example, the forcing temperature is TBOT and the precipitation is RAIN+SNOW.

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
You would use the CLM history variables just like you would from any other simulation. For example, the forcing temperature is TBOT and the precipitation is RAIN+SNOW.
Thanlks, I have plot the annual mean TBOT for ssp126 and ssp585 during 2016-2060, but it seems a little bit weird....as they are not linear increase,
seems a periodical increase, may be because recyle of GSWP data for 2001-2013?

1710869032684.png

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Yes, the anomalies are added on top of a repeating cycle of observed (GSWP3) forcing.