Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Which F compset is identical to the one used in CESM2 AMIP experiment

kezhoulumelody

Kezhou Lu
Hi,

I want to conduct experiments branching off from CESM2 amip experiment same as the CMIP6 amip run. There are a lot of F compsets, like F2000climo, FWHIST, etc. I know CESM1 has a compset named F_AMIP_CAM5, but I didn't find the similar version in CESM2.

Thanks!

Best,

Melody

islas

Hi Melody, I think it should be FHIST_BGC. But if you're using the GOGA experiments provided by the Climate Variability and Change Working Group, that uses different SSTs than the default out of the box. But if it's the CMIP6 AMIP experiments that you're trying to relate to then, I think FHIST_BGC is the correct compset.

kezhoulumelody

Kezhou Lu
Hi Melody, I think it should be FHIST_BGC. But if you're using the GOGA experiments provided by the Climate Variability and Change Working Group, that uses different SSTs than the default out of the box. But if it's the CMIP6 AMIP experiments that you're trying to relate to then, I think FHIST_BGC is the correct compset.
Hi Isla,

FHIST_BGC should be the one I am looking for! Thank you so much for the reply!

Best,

Melody

kezhoulumelody

Kezhou Lu
Hi @islas,

Do you know if Cheyenne has FHIST_BGC restart files stored somewhere? I found an empty case folder here /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/cesm2_init/f.e21.FHIST_BGC.f09_f09_mg17.L83_cam6.001. If there are no restart files for this compset, should I just do a startup run?

Thank you so much!

Best,

Melody