Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

A question related to DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC --> if CLM component is built and run

MS_CLM

I'm trying to run CLM model. I know that a local input directory should be available and set in the config_machines.xml --> ''DIN_LOC_ROOT''. My question is that, whether or not, ''DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC'' should be also provided in the config_machines.xml, when the CLM model is build/run? If needed, what is the right input data directory for that? is it OK to use --> /inputdata/atm/datm7, as follows:

<DIN_LOC_ROOT>/.../.../inputdata</DIN_LOC_ROOT>
<DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC>/.../.../inputdata/atm/datm7</DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC>

I'm a bit confused, as apparently it is referring to atm (CAM, the atmospheric model; but not CLM, the land model). Here, https://svn-ccsm-inputdata.cgd.ucar.edu/trunk/inputdata/lnd/, there are several input data directories for lnd (CLM), which one is needed to be included in the DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC? -- e.g., is the dlnd7 right one? Is that necessary at all?

I would appreciate if someone please clarify this?
Thank you.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC will be set in your env_run.xml in your case directory, e.g., for our machine and an I-compset:

./xmlquery DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC

DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC: /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/datm7

the atm/datm7 directory contains atmospheric forcing datasets for I-compsets.

It's not referring to CAM.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
That directory will include surface datasets, parameter files, etc, that are necessary to run the model. But you shouldn't need to specify it anywhere in your case directory, it should be setup by default.