Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

addco2_user_nl_datm.user_nl is missing, how do I edit the user_nl_datm for a transcient CO2 PTCLM case?

V.Dutch.33

Victoria Dutch
I'm not entirely sure if this should go in the CLM or DATM forums, so apologies if I've guessed wrong.

I'm trying to run PTCLM5.0 with transcient atmospheric CO2 concentrations. As per this guide, these are the steps I have taken:

1. Create a new case
2. Changed CCSM_BGC and CLM_CO2_TYPE
3. ./case.setup
4. Copied the co2_streams.txt file from .../clm/doc/UsersGuide to the Buildconf/datmconf folder within my run directory
5. I then go to edit the user_nl_datm file, but the "addco2_user_nl_datm.user_nl" file I'm supposed to use is not in the .../UsersGuide folder. As I understand it, those instructions give what should be the contents of the new user_nl_datm file, so I have copied it into my datm namelist file.
6. ./case.build
7. ERROR: Error in parsing namelist: expected literal value, but got "nomask"

What is my user_nl_datm file supposed to look like?

Cheers!

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Those instructions are for an old version of the model, I don't see instructions for the new version of the model.
However, I think that you just need to set the following and the co2 transient file will be added to the datm and read in:

./xmlchange CCSM_BGC=CO2A
./xmlchange DATM_CO2_TSERIES=20tr
./xmlchange CLM_CO2_TYPE=diagnostic