Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Cheyenne update module issues for all CESM versions

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Due to the cheyenne maintenance this week you need to update some modules:intel/17.0.1pnetcdf/1.11.0netcdf/4.6.1netcdf-mpi/4.6.1mpt/2.19 There is also an issue with the -p option to mpiexec_mpt, you may either reverse the order of -p and -np in env_mach_specific.xml or remove the -p option.  If you are using gnu or pgi compilers instead of intel you will need similar updates, I will update this page when those are determined.  

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
More details on what you need to do:To update an older version of cime for the sake of new cases, make the changes shown in the attachment, 'cheyenne_update.patch_.txt'. (You can apply these changes manually or by running 'git apply FILENAME' while in the cime directory.)For existing cases, you can put the attached 'env_mach_specific.xml' file in your case, replacing any existing env_mach_specific.xml file in that case (you should first copy the old one to some place safe in case something goes wrong).Then run:

./case.setup --reset
./case.build --clean
./case.buildSome people have found that you need to logout and log back in, e.g., if you had been doing anything with a case with an old env_mach_specific.xml in your login.      

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
I just got these instructions from Jim Edwards to update a case created with 'release-cesm2.0.1'. It worked fine and I thought I would share here.

All that you need to do is edit file env_mach_specific.xml in your case and change:
<arguments>
<arg name="anum_tasks"> -np {{ total_tasks }}</arg>
<arg name="labelstdout">-p "%g:"</arg>
<arg name="zthreadplacement"> omplace -tm open64 </arg>
</arguments>

to be:
<arguments>
<arg name="labelstdout">-p "%g:"</arg>
<arg name="num_tasks"> -np {{ total_tasks }}</arg>
<arg name="zthreadplacement"> omplace -tm open64 </arg>
</arguments>