Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Error by running CLM5.0

jgx

jiagongxu
Hi,
While running the clm5.0.03. The model setup and built has been successful. When I submit the case, it shows the
'run command is mpirun -np 4 /home/clm/cesm/scratch/xinjiang_1/bld/cesm.exe >> cesm.log.$LID 2>&1
ERROR: RUN FAIL: Command 'mpirun -np 4 /home/clm/cesm/scratch/xinjiang_1/bld/cesm.exe >> cesm.log.$LID 2>&1 ' failed
See log file for details: /home/clm/cesm/scratch/xinjiang_1/run/cesm.log.230523-091433
'.
I am trying to run the I2000CLM50FatesGs compset with f09_g17 resolution. I have compiled the Netcdf with intel compiler.
I have attached the log file, env_run.xml, env_mach_pes.xml for the case.

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Is the issue porting CLM to another machine that isn't in the list of supported machines? If so there are suggestions of how to get it working in instructions on porting cime to other machines. It can be a difficult task to get the model to work on another machine. If you can get access to a supported machine that can be helpful just so you can be successful and then have experience to move to your own machine.

Reactions: jgx

jgx

jiagongxu
Sorry, I have uploaded the attachements

Attachments

• atm_log.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 3
  • cesm_log.txt
    52.1 KB · Views: 2
  • cpl_log.txt
    47.7 KB · Views: 1
  • env_mach_pes.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 1
  • env_run.txt
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • lnd_log.txt
    113.3 KB · Views: 2
  • rof_log.txt
    12.9 KB · Views: 3

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
It looks like you might have subset the f09_g17 surface dataset and domain file? The error might have something to do with the fact that you have the runoff model active, which is still global while your surface dataset is regional. I see the following in your cesm log:

MCT::m_SparseMatrixPlus:: FATAL--length of vector y different from row count of sMat.Length of y = 323 Number of rows in sMat = 55296

323 is your regional domain (19x17) while 55296 is the f09 global domain (192x288).
Trying running without the runoff model active by using SROF (stub runoff model) instead of MOSART in your compset when creating your case.

jgx

jiagongxu
It looks like you might have subset the f09_g17 surface dataset and domain file? The error might have something to do with the fact that you have the runoff model active, which is still global while your surface dataset is regional. I see the following in your cesm log:

MCT::m_SparseMatrixPlus:: FATAL--length of vector y different from row count of sMat.Length of y = 323 Number of rows in sMat = 55296

323 is your regional domain (19x17) while 55296 is the f09 global domain (192x288).
Trying running without the runoff model active by using SROF (stub runoff model) instead of MOSART in your compset when creating your case.
Okay, thank you for your answer, it is very helpful to me

ah828

Anthony Holmes
I am running a regional 60-member ensemble spin up case in CTSM using CAM6 atmospheric forcing and experienced the error:

Code:
MPT: --------stack traceback-------
***.MCT(MPEU)::die.: from MCT::m_SparseMatrixPlus::initDistributed_()
MCT::m_SparseMatrixPlus:: FATAL--length of vector y different from row count of sMat.Length of y = 950 Number of rows in sMat = 55296

After updating my setup to use the SROF (stub runoff model) instead of MOSART in my compset (per @oleson above), my run completed without any errors.

ah828

Anthony Holmes

@oleson So I am using the default global initial conditions for 2000 in my ensemble spin-up and would like to include MOSART in my run, do you think I might be able to accomplish this by subsetting the default input to frivinp_rtm (full pathname of input datafile for RTM)?

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Other posts indicate that it would be a lot of work to run MOSART regionally, so I don't think so. E.g.,

I personally don't know what would be involved, but if anyone else on this Forum has done this successfully, please chime in.