Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How to create irregular surface datasets using a mask in clm5.0?

majun

Now I can create regular(rectangle) surface datasets using some scripts attached with clm5.0 (e.g.mknoocnmap.pl, mkmapdata.sh gen_domain etc.), however my study region is irregular, what should I do to ? Is there any instructions to follow? Any suggestion or help is highly appreciated.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member

majun

The CLM5 User's Guide:

implies that one approach might be to assign the "irregular" parts of your domain to ocean:

" If you HAVE ocean in your domain you could modify the mask in the SCRIP grid file for ocean, and then use ESMF_RegridWeightGen to create the mapping file, and gen_domain to create the domain file. "

Haven't tried this myself however...
it seems like the surface datasets do include ocean, my surface exclude ocean however.... thanks anyway