Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How to modify the Component Set?

XinhaoSuo

Xinhao Suo
I want to use the ICLMCN model to simulate soil carbon fluxes over historical periods, but there is no Component Set named 'IHISTCLM50CN', so how do I do this?

My idea is to use I2000Clm50Cn to spinup the model for 600 years (to reach equilibrium)at first.
Since IHISTCLM50CN does not exist, then I should create the same case and change the RUN_REFDATE to 2000 (to simulate 2000-2014) and modifyed the runtype as hybrid, add the spinup file to it.
So did my model run 14 model years in 2000 or did it run a historical simulation?

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
We don't support the CN model anymore. I would suggest IHistClm50Bgc or IHistClm50BgcCrop for a historical compset using the release version of the code.

XinhaoSuo

Xinhao Suo
We don't support the CN model anymore. I would suggest IHistClm50Bgc or IHistClm50BgcCrop for a historical compset using the release version of the code.
Thank you for your reply. When I read the technical note of CLM, I could not understand why the stable carbon in the BGC model becomes activated(Most carbon is activated from SOIL3 to SOIL1). For the CLM-CN model, however, it seems more logical that activated carbon gradually decomposes and becomes more stable.