Output variables only in a given lat/lon range

James King

James King
Member
Hi all,

This might be a question with a 1-word answer, but just in case it's not:

Is it possible to set one part of the CESM2 to only save output within a given domain? I would ideally like to save a couple of fields from CAM at hourly temporal resolution but only between 40S and 80N. The model version here is CESM2.1.3 and I'm running on ARCHER2 (UK government HPC).

Thanks,

James
 

peverley

Courtney Peverley
Moderator
Staff member
Hi James,

You can use the fincl1lonlat (or fincl2,3,4 whichever corresponds with the fincl variable) like so:

fincl1lonlat = '40s:80n'

and it should only pick the columns that fall in your desired range. If you also want to limit by longitude, you can use an underscore like this:

fincl1lonlat = '10e:20e_40s:80n'

which would select columns that fall between 10 and 20 degrees E and 40S and 80N.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Courtney
 

LoFiOplus

Yudi
New Member
I have tried using fincl1lonlat = '40s:80n' to specify only the latitude range, but encountered an error:

forrtl: severe (66): output statement overflows record, unit -5, file Internal List-Directed Write.

By reviewing the code, I found that it is better not to use west longitude (e.g., "W") to specify the longitude range, even though the namelist_definition suggests it is allowed. If you want to select the entire longitude range, it should be specified like this:

fincl1lonlat = 0e:360e_40s:80n.
 
Back
Top