Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

(shr_sys_abort) ERROR:phys_ctl_readnl: ERROR reading namelist

yang_yu

Hi there,
I can successfully build a case, but after I submit the case, it completed very quickly (running about 5 minutes). I checked the atm.log file, it shows the problem below. I have checked the atm_in file and compared it with my script to check the variable name I used, and I didn't find something wrong. Could anyone know what could possibly go wrong? Thanks.
1662126150541.png
Yu

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I suspect that you have an error in your atm_in file format. You can try any of a number of online XML validate tools to see if you have a format error. If you still have issues, can you please post your atm_in file along with other details about your run setup (like the tag you are using, etc.) If this is indeed cesm1.2.2, please know that this version is no longer supported and any assistance we can provide will be very limited.

yang_yu

Dear Cheryl,

Thank you for your advice! I have solved the question. The reason for this error is that I have used some namelists that CESM1.2.2 does not recognize in the script. I delete some namelists to solve the problem. Here is the namelist I delete:

fix_g1_err_ndrop = .true.
dust_emis_fact = 0.43D0
cldfrc_rhminl = 0.92D0
micro_mg_dcs = 350D-6
cldfrc_dp1 = 0.04D0
sscav_tuning = .true.
convproc_do_aer = .true.
convproc_do_gas = .false.
convproc_method_activate = 2
demott_ice_nuc = .true.
liqcf_fix = .true.
regen_fix = .true.