Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType

qinchuang

13526027784@Qin
An error occurred after the task was submitted.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/public/home/qinch/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/mycase/case.submit", line 126, in <module>
_main_func(__doc__)
File "/public/home/qinch/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/mycase/case.submit", line 121, in _main_func
case.submit(job=job, no_batch=no_batch, prereq=prereq, allow_fail=allow_fail,
File "/public/home/qinch/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/case/case_submit.py", line 185, in submit
submit_options = os.path.join(caseroot, ".submit_options")
File "/public/home/qinch/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/posixpath.py", line 76, in join
a = os.fspath(a)
File "/public/home/qinch/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/mycase/case.submit", line 126, in <module>
_main_func(__doc__)
File "/public/home/qinch/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/mycase/case.submit", line 121, in _main_func
File "/public/home/qinch/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/case/case_submit.py", line 185, in submit
File "/public/home/qinch/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/posixpath.py", line 76, in join
a = os.fspath(a)
_main_func(__doc__)
a = os.fspath(a)
_main_func(__doc__)
a = os.fspath(a)
_main_func(__doc__)
a = os.fspath(a)

_main_func(__doc__)
a = os.fspath(a)
_main_func(__doc__)
a = os.fspath(a)
srun: error: comput1: tasks 1-2,9,11,15: Exited with exit code 1
srun: Terminating job step 27.0
slurmstepd: error: *** STEP 27.0 ON comput1 CANCELLED AT 2023-01-03T11:51:38 ***
_main_func(__doc__)
a = os.fspath(a)
srun: error: comput1: tasks 0,3-8,10,12-14,16-55: Terminated
srun: Force Terminated job step 27.0

Attachments

• slurm-27.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 1

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
It looks like this is having trouble getting the caseroot. Normal usage is to run ./case.submit from within your case directory. Is that what you're doing?

If you are still having problems, please include all of the information requested here:

I would especially like to see what directory / path you're in when you run each command.

qinchuang

13526027784@Qin
When I run./case.submit, the case is running. But when I run with sbatch slurm.txt, I get the error mentioned above.

Attachments

• config_batch.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 0
  • config_compilers.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 0
  • config_machines.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 0
  • slurm.txt
    444 bytes · Views: 2

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I think the problem is that, in your command srun ./case.submit 1000000, the case.submit script is probably treating 1000000 as the optional caseroot argument to that script, so it thinks that you're trying to point to a directory with path 1000000, which clearly isn't a directory.