Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM2.3.beta08 porting issue

James King

James King
That's why you should really try to avoid hardcoded paths. All of these ESMF_ variables
are set by ESMFMKFILE and they should not need to be set individually. Just make sure
that ESMFMKFILE is in the environment.

Yes agreed! I will add ESMFMKFILE to my path and see if that makes any difference.

I've submitted a support ticket to ARCHER2's help desk summarising this discussion - thanks a lot for your advice. If it's an issue around compiler installations and/or the content of centrally located module files then it'll be beyond my power to fix but hopefully we've been able to identify some of the reasons why the case is failing.

viswanathvelamuri

Viswanath
EDIT - fixed this, ignore. Previous question about cmake macros still stands.
Hi James,
I am facing a similar issue when I try to create a new case for the local HPC. Can you please share how you rectified the mistake?
I am attaching the error below.

Using project from config_machines.xml: USER_REQUESTED_PROJECT
No charge_account info available, using value from PROJECT
cesm model version found: release-cesm2.2.2-2-g488ecf9
Batch_system_type is pbs
job is case.run USER_REQUESTED_WALLTIME None USER_REQUESTED_QUEUE None WALLTIME_FORMAT %H:%M:%S
WARNING: No queue on this system met the requirements for this job. Falling back to defaults

ERROR: No queues found

Thanks in advance

James King

James King
Hi James,
I am facing a similar issue when I try to create a new case for the local HPC. Can you please share how you rectified the mistake?
I am attaching the error below.

Using project from config_machines.xml: USER_REQUESTED_PROJECT
No charge_account info available, using value from PROJECT
cesm model version found: release-cesm2.2.2-2-g488ecf9
Batch_system_type is pbs
job is case.run USER_REQUESTED_WALLTIME None USER_REQUESTED_QUEUE None WALLTIME_FORMAT %H:%M:%S
WARNING: No queue on this system met the requirements for this job. Falling back to defaults

ERROR: No queues found

Thanks in advance
Hi Viswanath,

This error is probably because you need to provide details of your HPC's batch system, including the names and properties of the various job queues, in cime/config/cesm/machines/config_batch.xml.

Hope that helps,

James