Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Getting Error during case build (clm 5.0)

Anuj

I have created case first then, created case setup and download all the required data-sets and when I proceed to build case i am getting error what should i do. Please help me this regard.
I am getting error when running the script ./case.build.

wcl@wcl:~/CLM_5_run/case/test7$ sudo ./case.build
Building case in directory /home/wcl/CLM_5_run/case/test7
sharedlib_only is False
model_only is False
Generating component namelists as part of build
Creating component namelists
Calling /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime/src/components/data_comps/datm/cime_config/buildnml
Calling /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime_config/buildnml
Calling /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime/src/components/stub_comps/sice/cime_config/buildnml
Calling /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime/src/components/stub_comps/socn/cime_config/buildnml
Calling /home/wcl/clm5.0/components/mosart//cime_config/buildnml
Running /home/wcl/clm5.0/components/cism//cime_config/buildnml
Calling /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime/src/components/stub_comps/swav/cime_config/buildnml
Calling /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime/src/components/stub_comps/sesp/cime_config/buildnml
Calling /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime/src/drivers/mct/cime_config/buildnml
Finished creating component namelists
Building gptl with output to file /home/wcl/CLM_5_run/CLMOutput/test7/bld/gptl.bldlog.191228-135919
Calling /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime/src/build_scripts/buildlib.gptl
Building mct with output to file /home/wcl/CLM_5_run/CLMOutput/test7/bld/mct.bldlog.191228-135919
Calling /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime/src/build_scripts/buildlib.mct
Building pio with output to file /home/wcl/CLM_5_run/CLMOutput/test7/bld/pio.bldlog.191228-135919
Calling /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime/src/build_scripts/buildlib.pio

ERROR: /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime/src/build_scripts/buildlib.pio FAILED, cat /home/wcl/CLM_5_run/CLMOutput/test7/bld/pio.bldlog.191228-135919

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You'll need to look in file /home/wcl/CLM_5_run/CLMOutput/test7/bld/pio.bldlog.191228-135919 to see what the error is. I suspect that no version of netcdf was found.

Anuj

Dear Sir,
I checked log file, i got these error. I checked for confirmation, in my machine netcdf is installed. but also getting this error.
I attached the pio.bldlog.191228-135919 file please check once.
what will be the probable solution for this. How i resolve it. Help me regarding this.

Here i am also pasted error/ failed log lines. Please check pio.bldlog.191228-135919 file once.

/CLMOutput/test7/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/include -ffree-line-length-none -c /home/wcl/clm5.0/cime/src/externals/pio1/pio/piolib_mod.F90 -o CMakeFiles/pio.dir/piolib_mod.F90.o
pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/build.make:233: recipe for target 'pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/piolib_mod.F90.o' failed
gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/home/wcl/CLM_5_run/CLMOutput/test7/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/pio/pio1'
pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/build.make:249: recipe for target 'pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/piolib_mod.F90.o.provides' failed
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/home/wcl/CLM_5_run/CLMOutput/test7/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/pio/pio1'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:88: recipe for target 'pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/all' failed
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/home/wcl/CLM_5_run/CLMOutput/test7/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/pio/pio1'
Makefile:86: recipe for target 'all' failed

f951: Warning: Nonexistent include directory ‘/home/wcl/CLM_5_run/CLMOutput/test7/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/noesmf/c1a1l1i1o1r1g1w1e1/include’ [-Wmissing-include-dirs]
f951: Fatal Error: Reading module ‘piodarray’ at line 1600 column 3: Unexpected EOF
compilation terminated.
gmake[3]: *** [pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/piolib_mod.F90.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: *** [pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/piolib_mod.F90.o.provides] Error 2
gmake[1]: *** [pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/all] Error 2
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
ERROR: f951: Warning: Nonexistent include directory /home/wcl/CLM_5_run/CLMOutput/test7/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/noesmf/c1a1l1i1o1r1g1w1e1/include [-Wmissing-include-dirs]

f951: Warning: Nonexistent include directory /home/wcl/CLM_5_run/CLMOutput/test7/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/noesmf/c1a1l1i1o1r1g1w1e1/include [-Wmissing-include-dirs]

f951: Fatal Error: Reading module piodarray at line 1600 column 3: Unexpected EOF
compilation terminated.
gmake[3]: *** [pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/piolib_mod.F90.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: *** [pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/piolib_mod.F90.o.provides] Error 2
gmake[1]: *** [pio/CMakeFiles/pio.dir/all] Error 2
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Attachments

• case_build_error.txt
    50.9 KB · Views: 9

majun

it seems like the problem of "gmake", maybe you could replace 'make' with 'gmake' in config_machines. xml <GMAKE>make</GMAKE>

another reason maybe the installation of mpich is wrong