Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Missing File: "env_mach_specific.sh"

liren

Liren
Hello everyone!

I am running CLM5 for a single point in my computer and I have read the guide 1.6.3.5. Example: Creating a surface dataset for a single point. When compile the "gen_domain", I used the following command:
Code:
../../../configure --macros-format Makefile --mpilib mpi-serial --machine bnuscc
I have successfully running CESM2.1.3 so the --machine bnuscc was correctly written. However, after running the command, there are no "env_mach_specific.sh". This file should emerge after running the configure command just as the "INSTALL" file or This thread.

I have bypass this issue by compile the gen_domain.F90 file individually. I did not use the "env_mach_specific.sh" and this works fine. However, I am wondering how can I get the "env_mach_specific.sh" file in my computer. This issue may also be helpful to other people who are porting CLM5 in their computers.

Thank you!

slevis

I do not have an answer to your exact question, but...
If your goal is to create a surface dataset for a single point, then I would look in tools/site_and_regional for the subset_data tool. This provides an easy way to generate single point and regional surface datasets.

liren

Liren
I do not have an answer to your exact question, but...
If your goal is to create a surface dataset for a single point, then I would look in tools/site_and_regional for the subset_data tool. This provides an easy way to generate single point and regional surface datasets.
Thanks for your reply!

In fact, I have found these scripts. I just hope to make sure compile the .F90 files manually would not raise some issues.

By the way, I've downloaded the PTCLMmkdata from github. I am wondering if the "PTCLMmkdata" tools can be used to run the CLM single point experiment now (in CESM2.1.3, CTSM5.0).